Restrictions for TOR connections on Debian IRC channels

Hi all,

Over the past few weeks, we've seen a number of issues with certain
people connecting over TOR, and repeatedly sending various inappropriate
comments to a number of IRC channels in the #debian* namespace,
including #debian-ctte and #debian-women.

Unfortunately, from a OFTC network point of view, there's very little
that can be done, short of taking the action of turning off TOR all
together. However, I'd like to propose that:

 Each channel that has the group @debian-ops in it's access list receives
 a "/mode +b *!*@*.tor-irc.oftc.net". Those who are registered can ask
 nickserv to provide them with a unique cloak tied to their account, with
 "/msg nickserv set cloak on". Channels who do not have the @debian-ops
 in the access list (/msg chanserv access #debian-foo list) would be
 unaffected.

In summary, this would mean that those who connect over TOR, and are not
registered with nickserv would be unable to connect to those IRC
channels. I believe this allows legitimate tor users to still access our
channels, but would restrict the 'drive by' nature of some of the
unpleasentness we've seen recently.

As this potentially affects a large number of channels, I'd appreciate
any constructive feedback from the project before implementing.

Thanks,
Neil