Re: systemd bad press? score card?

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:42:14AM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I personally would defer to the Debian press team to decide whether they
> feel we should make a public statement at this time.  I think we're still
> in the middle of our process, which I understand that a lot of people
> outside the project find baffling and protracted.  I'm not sure whether
> it's a good idea to comment on that or not.

Not really a press issue yet. Sam Varghese unfortunately didn't contact
the press team over this opinion piece, and hasn't corrected factual
errors in the article which have been pointed out in the comments below
it. This does seem to be a pattern of his opinion pieces, but falls
short of complaining to the editor.

> My personal professional experience is that ignoring the press unless you
> have something specific you want to say is a good default, but this is
> *far* from my area of expertise.

Indeed, I'm not entirely sure what you'd like us to say - "the process is
ongoing, this isn't the end of it", or "we finally have a decision". The
truth is more complex than that, but doesn't make for a good press line.
At the moment, I'd suggest just leaving it.

Neil