Re: [Proposal] GR: Selecting the default init system for Debian

Andreas Tille writes ("Re: [Proposal] GR: Selecting the default init system for Debian"):
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 01:52:44PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > And, I strongly suggest you trim down both the
> > number of options
>
> I will not vote on any GR with more than four options.

Note that the number of options on a GR is not necessarily controlled
by the proponent.  For example, the proponent could propose a GR with
four options, but then some people who think the GR was a very bad
idea propose a "rotten tomatoes" option as an amendment.

So if you are to apply a rule of thumb like the one you suggest, you
should apply it to the options proposed by the proponent.

Ian.