Re: Debian services and Debian infrastructure

Hi.

Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org> writes:

> On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 12:05:18PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>
>> > 1. to improve communication between DSA and service maintainers
>> >    + have an archived, public list where (prospective) service maintainers
>> >      can engage with DSA about stuff they are planning/thinking about.
>> >      (Maybe recycle debian-admin@l.d.o, or use debian-services-admin@l.d.o?)
>> debian-services-admin@l.d.o seems to be rather appropriate for this (it's
>> unlikely that this kind of discussion would generate so much mail that the
>> list could no longer serve its current purpose).
>
> debian-services-admin@l.d.o seems to me, too, to be the perfect place
> for it.

+1

>> This would be good to have but (someone|DSA) would have to prod service
>> maintainers to get this started, otherwise it will never happen. This
>> requirement could also be mentioned in the document I suggested earlier.
>
> I think we already have something very close to this description here:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Services

+1

Both the list and the wiki pages some love from DSA or other project
members, IMHO.

I've tried to ask for information and document the bits I could get, on
recent experiments in the domain of such services, and found it really
hard with very low (none) feedback on my contributions there :-/

Thanks Lucas for bringing this topic to discussion, and hoping the
situation improves.

My 2 cents,

--
Olivier BERGER