Re: Copyright arrangements for a web project

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 11:57:59AM -0500, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
> I'd very very much prefer to do something like this for my Debian work,
> even so far as to say that it can be used under the terms of any DFSG
> free license - but I'm also perfectly cool to use {,A,L}GPL-{2,3}+ for my
> work as well.
>
> I trust Debian with license freeness, and I do also trust SPI as well.
> I'd be happy to allow them to relicense my work, or even give a list of
> licenses that it can be used under.

[Stripping SPI]

It's a snowey day, and I had a small bit of time to hack something up
(I've not thought about the language, it's not even been read twice,
feedback welcome)

    /* Really Important Project for Debian - does important things.
     *
     * Copyright (C) 2013  Paul R. Tagliamonte <tag@pault.ag>
     *
     * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
     * modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
     * as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
     * of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
     *
     * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
     *
     * along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
     * Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301, USA.
     *
     * As an additional permission, you may use, redistribute and/or modify
     * this work under any DFSG (Debian Free Software Guidelines) free license,
     * as interpreted by the Debian FTP Team, or the Debian Project by means
     * of General Resolution. Examples of DFSG free licenses include the GPL,
     * LGPL, AGPL, Apache 2, MIT/Expat, or CDDL. */

Now, if we want to also allow permissive use of the code is another thing, but
I really don't mind (and use Expat enough already), so I'm clearly fine with
language like this.

Cheers,
  Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87