Re: The "tell me if I'm being stupid" statement

Le Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 02:32:18PM -0500, Paul Tagliamonte a écrit :

>   http://people.debian.org/~paultag/conduct/conduct-statement.txt

Hi Paul and everybody,

Here is an extract of the statement linked above.

I am willing to receive such messages:

  [ ] in private
  [ ] in public

(but|and) I would prefer it to be done (in private|in public).

In my opinion, traffic is an issue, so I think that it should be up to the
complainer to chose if his message is public or private.  On the other hand,
for private messages the receiver is free to block, or ignore them altogether.
Lastly, the listmasters are the ones to decide if somebody is posting too many
complains in public.  If there are really too many private messages and the
sender is a member of Debian, then the new anti-harrassment team may do
something about.

Personally, unless it becomes Debian's policy to advise against private
messages, and I think that has been ruled out during the discussions about the
code of conduct, I will keep sending some (hopefully most) of my complains in
private instead of adding to the noise in public.

Altogether, I think that the preference is quite correlated to the time one can
dedicate reading public mailing lists, so I beg that the time-rich contributors
make efforts for the time-poor contributors.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan