Re: Proposed MBF - mentions of the word "Ubuntu"

On 11/08/2013 12:35 PM, Ian Jackson wrote:
> But nevertheless, I would like to suggest that the DPL contact Mark
> Shuttleworth and tell him that this kind of shit is very damaging to
> our good relationship.)
Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
https://plus.google.com/116812394236590806058/posts/5jdibY5iR9b
This was a bit silly on our part, sorry. Our trademark guidelines
specifically allow satire and critique ('sucks sites') and we should at
most have asked him to state that his use of the logo was subject to
those guidelines.

Update: Steve George from Canonical had already responded at
http://blog.canonical.com/2013/11/08/trademarks-community-and-criticism/

Chuck