Re: OpenPGP keysigning: alternate encodings for fingerprint exchange

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 2:08 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> This reminds me related issue (or perhaps the same, I might simply have
> misunderstood your point above, Tomas): How well do the various
> wordlists take into account that some (pretty large) groups of
> non-native english speakers have difficulty distinguishing between some
> sounds clearly distinguishable for native english speakers - e.g. I
> recall some consonants including "t" sounding the same to a japanese
> ear.

I can't find any reference to the code used to select the word list,
but the two papers linked from the Wikipedia page talk about "phonetic
confusability" so presumably the word list selection criteria were
constructed appropriately. I guess computational linguistics would
have moved on since 1995 so maybe there are better algorithms for
creating a word list now.

--
bye,
pabs