Re: Proposal #3: Upstream/Debian Project donations (was: PaySwarm-based donations)

On Mittwoch, 19. Juni 2013, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
> While I am warry, I don't think we should mock or block those wishing to
> build this system to help aid Debian.

While I agree that we should not mock those, I absolutly do think we should
block those....

Once motivation is destroyed, it's often impossible to rebuild it. We must
avoid this happening.

Introducing money will demotivate people who are currently active. And new
contributors who come for money are unlikely to replace them.