Re: Proposal #3: Upstream/Debian Project donations (was: PaySwarm-based donations)

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 01:38:08PM -0400, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
>On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 12:35:36PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
>> Sorry, I cannot look at this donations proposal but as a deep failure
>> waiting to happen.
>
>While I am warry, I don't think we should mock or block those wishing to
>build this system to help aid Debian.

I understand the concerns of Gunnar and others; regardless of the
intent, there is a likelihood that it will be a failure and *harm*
Debian. That's the problem here.

You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me