Re: Doing something about "should remain private forever" emails

[Dropping -private, just like I originally wanted by setting a
reply-to -project]

On 19 June 2013 08:24, Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> wrote:
> Stephen Gran wrote:
>> So, who's going to do this work?  While they're reading every single
>> message sent to the list over the last decade and a half, wouldn't it
>> make more sense to just honor the GR than to make up more work that
>> nobody is ever going to do?
>
> I think Raphael was suggesting incremental work that could be done
> before that's done, unlike the daunting declassification work that
> requires being very careful to check and double-check for each message
> that it is not intended to be private forever.

I believe sgran's question was intended for Charles' proposal that is
basically more time consuming than declassifying.

And yes, the benefit of my proposal is that everything that can be
automatically detected as not to be made public (following the
guidelines of the GR, if you wish) can be buried without hesitation.
If people start asking for the non-disclosure of their messages in
other languages or any other way that prevents an automated process
then it is their problem. They would be fighting against their own
desire.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer