Re: PaySwarm-based Debian donations

Martin Owens <doctormo@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, 2013-06-17 at 22:00 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> If that's what an upstream is after, they should pick a different
>> software license;

> Non-Commercial terms are non-free. If they want to exclude commercial
> distribution they should not be involved in Free Software.

Indeed.  Likewise, if they want to exclude distribution by Debian, they
should not be involved in free software.

> Free as in Freedom, the freedom to buy and sell, not free as in shared
> fridge.

You are apparently one of the people who consider those to be entirely
unrelated.  I'm not.  You're not going to change my mind by assertion and,
again, the onus is on you here to change people's minds since you're the
one arguing for a change.