Re: Advantages of using Debian

Hi Sebastian,

> Can you help me to give some advantages in using Debian and not to use other
> types of distribution?

All users and developers have own reasons to choose one or another distro.
For example, my main reasons for using and contributing Debian are:
* Debian is developing by community and any commercial company does not point
  to direction where it should go. Opposite examples are Ubuntu, Fedora,
  Mandriva and etc.
* Debian Social Contract and DFSG: http://www.debian.org/social_contract
  No comments required...
* Strict Debian Policy. And hight quality of system as a result.
* Debian is really universal OS. It can be used on embedded devices as well
  as on powerful supercomputers based on different architectures. But it is
  also convenient on usual PCs, laptops and netbooks.
* Debian is an international OS. It is used by people from all over the world.
  Opposite examples are ALT Linux, Russian Fedora, AgiliaLinux and many other
  projects with small local FOSS communities.
* Debian is a basis for many Debian-based distributions. Once you add
  packages into Debian they automatically will be available for many users
  who do not use Debian directly.

Of course you may find own reasons based on your priorities. I believe that
the good point to start searching them is here:
http://www.debian.org/intro/about

Also I recommend to look at nice presentations made by Stefano Zacchiroli:
http://upsilon.cc/~zack/talks/2013/

Best wishes,
Boris