Re: Registering the Debian Logo as our trademark?

MJ Ray <mjr <at> phonecoop.coop> writes:
> [registration] allows law
> enforcement officers to prosecute what they consider infringement,
> whether or not we do.  This is one way that multinationals make
> taxpayers pay for policing their brands - however, debian is not
> locked down like LVMH or D&G.

I'd like to make it clear that I was suggesting LVMH and D&G as typical
of how most trademarks are "locked down", not that their holders have
necessarily directly controlled legislation.

I'd also like to make it clear lawyers are reading our lists ;-)

Hope that helps,
--
MJR
http://people.debian.org/~mjr/