Re: Registering the Debian Logo as our trademark?

Le Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 04:04:34PM -0400, Brian Gupta a écrit :

> Cons:
> -----
> - Filing costs of ~$700
> - Labor/work required to file (With assistance from SFLC, I am willing
> to do much of the work required.)

Dear Brian,

I wonder how will be the cost of a registered trademark on the mid term, for
instance 5 or 10 years.  Will it trigger more payments to other offices,
similarly to our effort of maintaining "debian" domain names in multiple
top-level domains ?  Is the payment to be renewed periodically ?  In parallel,
since the assistance of SFLC is a resource that we can not expand nor buy with
money, will the possession of a registration trademark take a significant share
of the assistance we can receive ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy