Re: [all candidates] Removing or limiting DD rights?

On Sunday, April 07, 2013 03:40:02, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Ma, 02 apr 13, 17:34:28, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > > Starting off with a maintainer that closes my bug report with no
> > > explanation at all?  How do I join the team, when the team refuses to
> > > communicate?  Why would I make another bigger offer my time, when the
> > > team doesn't offer theirs even when /I/ have?
> >
> > One possible option to consider when this happens is to write mail to
> > debian-devel (or debian-user, not sure which would be best) along the
> > lines of:

> debian-user would do IMHO. If the issue is too complicated the reporter
> can always be referred to higher authorities (-devel, TC, etc.).

Depends on the problem.  For the types of problems I tend to report, I'm not
sure [debian-user] would be appropriate -- and that mailing list is noisy even
compared to [debian-devel].

One of the packages where the bug was merged and closed without any maintainer
discussion was an external kernel module, which built correctly on one vanilla
stable Linux kernel version, but failed to build on a newer stable version
unless a kernel feature was enabled that the hardware doesn't support.

I've been tempted to email -devel about this since Russ's suggestion, but I've
decided I'd rather put that off until after Wheezy is released because this
bug is likely not RC.

  -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle