Re: Debian participation into GNOME Outreach Program for Women

Le Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 09:32:47AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :

> If not, we can do mission-specific fund raising, I wouldn't mind that
> either, as we do something similar for, say, DebConf already. It
> wouldn't be possible, in my opinion, to raise all the needed money
> before OPW application deadline. But I'm 100% sure that given few months
> we can raise the needed money. Hence, I do not see this as a blocker to
> go forward (as long as people believe in my prevision). Would you
> consider this acceptable?

Hi Stefano and Sune,

I think that projects such as the OPW are best suited for fundraising and I
would personally be keen on donating money.  Also, I think that it would be
fair to use Debian's money for the first round of OPW if the admins are
committed to use fundraising for the next rounds.

This said, if the GSoC admins would like to redirect the money they bring in
Debian to the OPW I think that it would be fair to accept (do-o-cracy...).

Bonus question: do we have good fundaising-management sofware packaged in
Debian ?  That could be an interesting project for the OPW ;)

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan