Re: working with FSF on Debian Free-ness assessment

> Correct. Unfortunately I haven't heard much else either. Discussions
> went on on the fsf-collab-discuss list on alioth, but the state of the
> art is still that we're waiting for the FSF to refine current freeness
> assessment into more actionable items.

Just out of curiosity: What's their definition of freedom anyway?

Forcing the user to not use non-free software takes away their freedom,
but probably the FSF does not get that, or they wouldn't be pushing the
GPL so badly.

But is there any real reason behind that, apart from the religious ones?

-nik

P.S.: I would prefer non-free and contrib being completely removed as
well, but my question is why that has to be forced on others.

--
Wer den Grünkohl nicht ehrt, ist der Mettwurst nicht wert!

PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17  FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296