Re: Proposed MBF - mentions of the word "Ubuntu"

On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 05:40:44PM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2013-11-08, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> > The flipside is that when we receive lawyer letters over trademarks,
> > where the trademark holder is preventing us from doing something we
> > consider essential for software freedom, we rename things.
> >
> > Naturally we should apply that same principle for the benefit of our
> > downstreams: if we discover that someone is being bullied by the
> > trademark holder, we should protect them by preemptively renaming
> > things.
>
> Is upstart a canonical trademark? some pieces of software in the archive
> with canonical trademarks in their names? SHould we consider renaming
> them?
>
> /Sune

Seems as though Joey is already taking the lead on this:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/debmirror.git;a=commitdiff;h=fcd972395b0201fcde4915d282982926f0d04c56;hp=7fcdf0d225c480b386c5a1f487e68dc39b57e771

 [thinking about changing reply to curiosa@]

Cheers,
  Paul