Re: Possibly moving Debian services to a CDN

About the archive mirrors, some reworded thoughts from the DPL IRC
channel when this came up a few days ago:

<pabs> I would suggest forwarding/bouncing this mail to the
debian-mirrors list. I think the current state of affairs is fine;
some CDNs in use (cloudfront.d.n), some normal mirrors,
mirror.d.o/http.d.n checks all of them for freshness. Removing the
mirror network won't be possible anyway, people are still going to
create mirrors, especially ISPs will for their customers; due to
quotas and distant mirrors being much slower.

<bgupta>Not all CDNs support IPv6. I would rather expand the mirror
network. There is something appealing to me about the decentralized
nature of a volunteer set of mirrors. If one provider was our CDN
provider, and they didn't want to keep donating the service.. that
could be problematic.

--
bye,
pabs