Re: OpenPGP keysigning: alternate encodings for fingerprint exchange

On 06/30/2013 02:08 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> Seriously, I do agree. Some of the words I read at
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biometric_word_list, I didn't even know
>> them. I'm not sure learning that Aardvark is an animal, or that Algol
>> is a star is helpful in every day life, and I don't think it's worth
>> forcing that knowledge on non-english natives, just for the sake of
>> exchanging PGP fingerprints.
>
> You need not learn semantics to articulate understandably.

But when someone says "Aardvark" to me, I will have no clue how to say
it, and I very much likely will reply "whaaaaaat?!?", which makes the
hole use of these words not more convenient than spelling hexa (so it
completely misses the point).

Thomas