Re: Moving to stronger keys than 1024D

On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 08:17:48AM -0700, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> Now. If you have a 2048 bit or larger key that has been signed by at
> least 2 other DDs but still have a 1024D key in our keyring you should
> be filing a request for replacement.

I'm sorry, I realize only now I wasn't clear on this point.

I was talking about the WoT at large, not only the Debian keyring. I've
indeed replaced my 1024D key wih my 4096R key in the Debian keyring a
long time ago. What I haven't yet done is _revoking_ the old key.  Doing
that now should have no bad effect on the Debian keyring, as any
potentially "bad" effect there has already happened when I did the
replacement.

> The more useful question is how many of the signatures on your new key
> come from strong keys, and how many strong keys have you signed with
> that new key?

Right. If you happen to have a oneliner to verify that I'll be happy to
answer these questions :)

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .