Re: OpenPGP keysigning: alternate encodings for fingerprint exchange

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 08:12:13AM +1000, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 01:47:22PM +0000, Clint Adams wrote:
>>On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 02:10:40PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>>>I think that hexadecimal is a fairly poor pre-encoding for
>>>information exchange via data to speech and speech to data engines
>>>(aka voice boxes, brains and fingers). Reading out and typing long
>>>strings of hexadecimal digits at OpenPGP keysignings is tedious
>>>and annoying.
>
>Paul, could you please post your script and wordlist so I can use it
>for the DebConf13 keysigning list.

http://world.std.com/%7Ereinhold/diceware.wordlist.asc
http://world.std.com/%7Ereinhold/beale.wordlist.asc

I've found your script. One of the wordlists, diceware.wordlist.asc, is
licensed Creative Commons CC-BY 3.0. About the other one,
beale.wordlist.asc, I couldn't find any license details.

>>What about instead using a wordlist of size 65536 or 256 so you have
>>a clean correspondence to the hex words?  That would make it easy
>>for humans to do.
>
>Clint, do you have such wordlist?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biometric_word_list

At the webpage above there is a wordlist of size 256. It also has links
to other wordlists for hexdata.