Re: Doing something about "should remain private forever" emails

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:49:55PM +0200, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> At present, new DDs can access emails that were sent to -private years ago.

I've read such emails, just to get an idea of what's been sent, to
figure out what the heck private is for, really (when I was a green DD).
I mean, I don't really see a problem with that, if we trust them to be
on private, we should trust them to respect that, regardless of when the
mail was sent.

> People who might (or might not) be a member of the project and sent an email
> may not necessarily agree to that. Or a less controversial example: put
> simply, if an unauthorised person gets a hand on master.d.o there is no hope
> for those messages.

[..]

> previous one, so that only one tarball exists in master.d.o. Access to old

So, to get mail from 2 years ago, you have to decompress every tarball
between now and then?

> Comments?

Interesting idea!
  Paul