Re: KickStarter for Debian packages - crowdfunding/donations for development

Le Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 12:25:26AM -0400, Joey Hess a écrit :
> Charles Plessy wrote:
> > In the case of Debian, I share with others the concern of having the packages
> > as a source of revenue
>
> How about making fixed bugs a source of revenue?

I do not see how to fit this in the PaySwarm model proposed here, unless there
are URLs for billing ?  In that case, the bounties could accumulate until
somebody takes them by fixing the bug.  We would probably need some review
system unless there are easy way for refunds.  For instance, one person would
claim the bounties by sending a patch, and a Debian Developer or Maintainer
would acknowledge that the patch actually solves the problem by uploading the
package.  But there are probably better ways to do it.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan