Re: Debating difficult development issues in essay form

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 12:50:56PM +0100, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> > Technical hint: subpages syntax in Moin can be quite frustrating,
> > especially for those who do not often edit Moin pages. It might be
> > useful to have some sample (dangling) links for subpages pointing to
> > alternative positions directly in the page template.
> >
> > (Of course I can implement the above changes myself in the wiki, but
> > first I need to know if you agree with them or not :-))
>
> Please do that. I obviously failed to do it with the current wiki setup
> (the release essay is not a subpage of the Debate page, for example).

Sorry for the delay. I've now finished doing that: JessieReleaseProcess
is now a subpage of Debate, and AlwaysReleasableTesting a subpage of
JessieReleaseProcess, as recommended in /Debate. I've fixed all the
links I've found, but redirect pages are in place, so nothing should be
broken by the change. I've also created DebateTemplate, with the correct
syntax for subpages.

In the meantime, it seems that other users of /Debate have gone their
way, though :-), with the main essay residing in the debate page, rather
than in dedicated pages. This is a bit unfortunate, as it makes more
difficult to understand the positions at play, which should have one
essay per position, if I understand the approach you were trying to
propose properly.  I haven't attempted to fix that, though.

Hope this helps,
Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .