Re: Revising the Code of Conduct

Hi Lars,

On 21-05-13 11:55, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> I suggest Enrico's "Debian Community Guidelines" would form a good
> base document for this discussion.
>
> http://people.debian.org/~enrico/dcg/

I know about this document, and agree that it consists of generally good
advise, worthy to be heeded.

However, it is far too long to be a good code of conduct in itself,
IMHO. To be effective, a code of conduct should be short and concise.
Much of what's in there also doesn't belong in a mailinglist code of
conduct. For example, much of chapter 3 is more about packaging together
collaboratively rather than about behaving on mailinglists.

With all that baggage (which makes sense in the context of which it is
written, just not in the context of a mailinglist coc), I think it's
better to start from something smaller rather than from Enrico's
otherwise excellent document.

Regards,

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/