WebID/FOAF discussion on debian-devel - Was: Re: Generation of FOAF profiles for all package maintaines (POC)

Hi.

Olivier Berger <obergix@debian.org> writes:

> Have you heard about WebID [0] (a.k.a FOAF + SSL).
>
> I think we could make use of WebID to provide a document describing the
> Debian contributors profiles, which could be generated by the nm.d.o
> (under the control of the member's preferences) and that could be
> consumed by any other service that wants to make use of it (no need for
> SOAP, just HTTP GET + RDF parsing), and that could also at the same time
> include the SSL cert parts that would allow to use it for SSO
> (interesting links between such use of SSL and of GPG in Debian, ahead,
> too...).
>
> Besides this, these WebIDs could be the reference URIs for identifying
> developers on the Linked Data Cloud, allowing to interface with other
> descriptions of Debian resources on the Semantic Web.

Just for reference, a pointer on a discussion about WebID/FOAF
(+SSL/TLS) for identification and authentication for Debian is happening
on debian-devel, and responds to earlier discussions on debian-project :
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/05/msg00886.html)

Just in case it helps WRT current rewrites of whois/mentors/DPA etc.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.telecom-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8