Re: Debating difficult development issues in essay form

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 5:40 AM, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> - First, I find it extremely difficult to follow a discussion on a wiki
>   page. Yes, there is a diff feature in most wikis (including ours), but
>   that requires you to remember when you last read the position on the
>   wiki page in question; this makes it prone to losing out. In contrast,
>   when I participate in a mailing lists discussion, I simply have new
>   information marked as "unread" and old information as "read". That
>   makes it much easier to figure out what's new and what isn't.

MoinMoin (used by the Debian wiki) offers the ability to subscribe to
individual wiki pages and to ranges of pages using regexes. It will
send you emails containing diffs of changes to pages you have
subscribed to.

There is also the option of using the RecentChanges RSS feed if you
care about changes across the whole of the wiki. The RSS feed is
slightly buggy though.

--
bye,
pabs