Re: Copyright assignement for Debian tools?

On 10/02/2013 03:14, Paul Wise wrote:
My advice would just to put "Copyright 2013 Thomas Koch" and a
DFSG-free license, anything else would be more effort on your part.

I've considered using "Copyright 2013 Debian Project" for the licensing of packaging that's intended to go into Debian. What would happen if I do that? Would the package get rejected? Is it possible for an entity like Debian to gain copyright to something if it's more or less unknowingly?

-Jonathan