Re: Secure login

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 05:14:04PM +0000, Steven Cooper wrote:
>         Hello           I understand that Debian OS has open source security software.           However, i wonder if, in particular, you know of the software i am looking to find? In other words, may you please assist by letting me know if there is some way i can secure my Debian     installation with the following configuration...           The security configuration i am interested to set is:           - Debian does not boot without preconfigured pendrive stick in USB port
>      - immediately after boot then a pass phrase expected to be entered
>      - if only one of the two above mentioned criteria is not met then then login is impossible           Debian hard disk is to be encrypted, then copying or partial burning with failed login is impossible (or interpreting what the data is on the disk is impossible).           Please may you inform if this is possible with open source softwares? Also, please may you explain which the softwares is?           Thank you
>      Steven Cooper

You can seek assistance for this kind of configuration from
debian-user@lists.debian.org, #debian on OFTC.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

<directhex> i have six years of solaris sysadmin experience, from
            8->10. i am well qualified to say it is made from bonghits
			layered on top of bonghits