Re: Inbound trademark policy, round 3

Uoti Urpala writes ("Re: Inbound trademark policy, round 3"):
> Ian Jackson wrote:
> >  1. DFSG principles should apply.
>
> IMO taking this as a starting point is completely wrong. DFSG guarantees
> that incompetent and malicious people may freely modify the software.

You made this point at length in the previous discussion.  It seemed
to me that your point of view was not well supported by other people.
As I said, what I wrote in my previous document was what I thought we
had a rough consensus on.

I'd encourage other members of the project not to get distracted by
Uoti's points.  I think there is no need to rebut them any more.

I'd appreciate input on the questions I asked in my long message.  And
of course if people feels my understanding of the consensus is flawed,
then that's very relevant too.

Thanks,
Ian.