Re: mjg59's blog on planet.d.o

* Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi>, 2012-10-30, 09:45:
AFAIK Matthew Garrett hasn't been "active and directly involved participant in the Debian development community" for years. What is the reason for keeping his blog on planet.d.o?
Matthew has been blogging frequently over the several past years, and aggregated on Planet Debian. He has, for example, written a lot about UEFI and Secure Boot, and the different ways in which Linux and distributions can handle them. You said nothing then.

Now, when he blogs about what Ted Ts'o has said about rape, you react. This sounds an awful lot like you want to remove Matthew from Planet Debian because of his opinions on that issue.

You guessed (almost) right.

I am fine with active Debian contributors blogging about "women's rights". I also occassionally enjoy a high-quality technical posts written by an outsider. I can normally even stand when outsiders blog about non-technical matters. However, I do not wish that Planet Debian syndicates posts that denigrate Debian developers.

Normally I would just ask the blogger to stop feeding Planet with the offensive content, but in this case I see no reason to have this blog included in the first place.

--
Jakub Wilk