Re: New Debian kilts

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 04:53:47PM +0100, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
> I went to their store and asked and they quoted additional costs of
> £700 for a *single* made-to-order kilt.

Ouch! From what I remember when I got my kilt, 700£ is really really
pricey. I know that North-America is probably on the wrong side of the
world for most of the people interested in ordering, but I recommend
Burnett & Struth's[0] as a kilt maker. They're located just north of
Toronto, Canada. They made my personal kilt (combination of machine and
hand sewing) out of a very uncommon tartan (I think it had to be custom
woven since nobody kept it in stock) for about 650–700 CAD (~410–440£),
tax included. The fabric was heavy weight (16oz I think) at that. On a
side note, they also made my band kilt, which is 25 years old and still
looks great apart from wear on the leather buckle straps (easily worn
10-15 times a year).

Best wishes,
Ryan

[0] http://www.burnetts-struth.com/