Re: Planned changes to Debian Maintainer uploads

Hi,

On 12.06.2012 00:29, Joey Hess wrote:
> Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
>>  - It applies to all DMs listed as Maintainer/Uploaders. It is not
>>    possible to grant upload permission to only a specific DM.
>
> Isn't that the point of listing a DM in the field? Why would you want to
> list someone as a Maintainer and not allow them to upload a package?

There are plenty of packages in Debian where the sponsored maintainer
can't upload themselves at all. That's the rule not an exception.

Yet they are and clearly should be listed as a (sole) maintainer of the
package in question. It's their work, and that's how we appreciate that.
Also, this is how they get bug notifications.

--
with kind regards,
Arno Töll