Re: revenue sharing agreement with DuckDuckGo

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:00:04PM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > > Anther interesting thing in there is a requirement that we inform DDG
> > > thirty days in advance of releasing changes to the implementation of
> > > the links to it.
>
> I have some bad feeling which cries "non-free" here, because that
> sounds a lot like "no modification allowed".

What?!? No. We can do what we want with the code, which is Free Software
and DDG has not the power to change its license. Simply, if we stop
using the search link we stop receiving donations and we might have to
reinstate the agreement again to restart receiving donations.

> ... or may have to return some of the donations?

I really appreciate collective nitpicking, as it helps in discovering
concerns that a single mind wouldn't have thought of (especially if that
mind is mine). But I can hardly imagine how making up things would help
in this discussion.

Cheers.