Re: mjg59's blog on planet.d.o

<quote who="Jakub Wilk" date="Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 12:19:12AM +0100">
> AFAIK Matthew Garrett hasn't been "active and directly involved
> participant in the Debian development community" for years. What is
> the reason for keeping his blog on planet.d.o?

I remember that this was talked about, with Matthew, some years
ago. At the time, a least one person argued that they *wanted*
Matthew's posts on Planet because his work was directly impacting
Debian in a number of way -- and because he has a long history of
working and contributing to our community. My memory is that Matthew
himself started out leaning toward leaving but was talked into
staying.

Given his past contributions and strongly maintained social
connections, I certainly think of Matthew of a Debian community
member. And given the relevance of his work and blog/content to the
project, I'm not going to suggest removing him.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako@debian.org

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto