Re: trademark policy draft

On Sun, Aug 05, 2012 at 11:08:04PM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> first of all, thanks for working on this issue, especially taking into
> account that the outcome could be a hopefully acceptable trademark
> policy and a DFSG-free Open Use Logo "with Debian", as you mentioned in
> your latest "bit from the DPL" message [1]:
[…]

As a general status update on this:

- I've collected the comments I got from this thread and elsewhere
  (private mail, /query, etc.), and forwarded them to SFLC, asking for a
  new draft. (Tentative) ETA for it is this week.

- to disentangle the issues of 1/ relicensing the logo under a better
  (copyright) license and 2/ defining a new trademark policy, I've also
  asked for a minimal patch to our *current* trademark policy that would
  allow the relicensing to happen in isolation.

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .