Re: What made the Creative Commons Attribution license 3.0 more free than in its 2.0 version ?

Le Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 09:07:21PM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko a écrit :

> I guess the glory details could be found at
> http://evan.prodromou.name/ccsummary/ccsummary.html
> and
> http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Version_3#Debian

Hi,

these are the URLs that I am usually pointed to, and they explain what, in the
point of view that emerged on the debian-legal mailing list, is problematic
with the version 2.0.

However, it does not indicate which of the objecctions raised were considered
valid by the FTP team (there are sometimes differences of point of view between
the expressed opinions on debian-legal and the FTP team decisions), nor it
indicates what was changed in 3.0, which adressed Debian's concerns.

What is precisely the problem, and how it was solved, is imporant information
that I think would be very valuable when suggesting Upstream to replace the
Creative Commons Attribution License 2.0 by version 3.0.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan