Re: Fresh "academic paper" with "Debian affiliation"

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > This might be the first academic paper where any DD had listed Debian
> > project among affiliations.

> Actually not :)
> http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/11/S12/S5
> Community-driven computational biology with Debian Linux
> >...<
> 2 Debian Linux

ah -- we  still remain then the first listing "Debian PROJECT" ;)

but now this begs the question -- what should be the canonical
affiliation we should use?

The discussion on what Debian is (Debian Linux, Debian GNU/Linux, Debian
OS, etc) comes back from time to time, but imho it is irrelevant here
since those all refer to the product not the "institution" we should
associate ourselves with.  www.debian.org refers to the "Debian
project" while talking about Debian as an institution, and seems to be
more appropriate.  Or ... ?

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences