Re: Planned changes to Debian Maintainer uploads

Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> writes:

> Have any of these issues been a problem practically, yet? Or are they
> just potential problems for the future?

I'm not sure if this counts as a practical problem in your view, but it
is rather common for DMs to set the DMUA flag in an initial request for
sponsorship. In my view this goes against the spirit of the DM system,
since it is unlikely for a sponsor to be confident in the ability of a
given person to handle a given package on the first upload.