Re: Planned changes to Debian Maintainer uploads

Hi,

On 10.06.2012 13:57, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> We plan to instead implement an interface where developers upload a
> signed command file to ftp-master to grant upload permissions instead,
> similar to dcut.  This could end up looking similar to this:

the idea looks sensible and good and I welcome this change. Thanks for
working on this (being it you or pabs in the end).

Having that said, as I briefly asked in IRC already: How do you plan to
make that data accessible? One of the few benefits of DMUA is, that it
is very visible. You only need to look at the source package and you
know about the flag.

This is evidently not the case anymore if the permissions are changed by
using dak control messages. For people reviewing and mentoring packages
it would be a substantial step backwards if they need to dig deep to
find out who of the non-DDs are allowed to upload packages themselves.
Thus, whatever you implement in the end: keep in mind people really want
to know about existing flags for both, people and packages. Both in a
machine readable manner, think of the PTS or Debexpo for example.

--
with kind regards,
Arno Töll