Re: [Draft] GR: diversity statement for the Debian Project

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sun, 6 May 2012 23:23:23 -0700
> Von: Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
> An: debian-project@lists.debian.org, debian-vote@lists.debian.org
> Betreff: Re: [Draft] GR: diversity statement for the Debian Project

> On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 12:32:03AM +0200, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
> > ----DRAFT TO BE VOTED STARTS HERE----
> >
> > The Debian Project welcomes and encourages participation by everyone.
> >
> > It doesn't matter how you identify yourself or how others perceive you:
> > we welcome you. We welcome contributions from everyone as long as they
> > interact constructively with our community.
> >
> > While much of the work for our project is technical in nature, we
> > value and encourage contributions from those with expertise
> > in other areas, and welcome them into our community.
> >
> > ----DRAFT TO BE VOTED ENDS HERE----
>
> Seconded.  I know you haven't called for seconds yet, but I don't see any
> reason to wait when this has already reached broad consensus on
> debian-project.

I agree that this should go out. Just, we have "our community" twice in the text. <pun>Any linguistic expertise with us we could possibly welcome?</pun> Anyway, it sounds strange enough to me to suggest substituting the first occurrence with just "us". And, since we also want new contributors to also interact constructively between themselves, and since to me it is somewhat redundant in the first place, I would even feel inclined to remove the "with our community". Second paragraph untouched.

Steffen