Re: revenue sharing agreement with DuckDuckGo

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:50:03PM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> I though think that the best way for all free software projects is to
> not make any such agreements to not impose any restrictions on other
> contributors to the project. I though do realize that not all projects
> can afford that.
> Disclaimer: I haven't read the whole discussion yet, just grepped
> through it (mutt patterns FTW! :-) to find the thread about upstream
> projects and checked if conkeror was already mentioned.

Frankly, I don't see why both cannot agree. By coming up with an
arrangement for sharing Debian searches and NOT changing $BROWSER
defaults, you are just allowing those hits to be recorder as $BROWSER
(upstream) hits as opposed to Debian hits, and Debian is not
compensated. This doesn't adversely affect upstream unless the
maintainers aggressively alter the default User-Agent or some other
indicator which would deny upstream their rightful due. Would you agree?

We should start referring to processes which run in the background by their
correct technical name... paenguins.
		-- Kevin M. Bealer, commenting on the penguin Linux logo