Re: revenue sharing agreement with DuckDuckGo

Stefano Zacchiroli scrisse:

> What they propose is:
>
> - donating to Debian 25% of the income they make from inbound traffic
>   that originates from Debian users if DDG is a search engine option
> in a web browser
>
> - donating to Debian 50% of the same income if DDG is the default
> search engine

From a personal POV I'd prefer the first option, as:
* most of our browsers already ship a customized search-engine list,
  so tailoring DDG url here won't really be invasive
* there is no default-conf/revenue tradeoff (as I strongly see it in the
  second case)
* each maintainer still keeps the final word on the configuration (ie.
  if a no-customization/minimal-diff-to-upstream policy is in use).

Given the above reasons, first proposal looks more aligned with our
philosophy and guidelines.

Ciao, Luca

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno (kaeso)
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | lucab (AT) debian.org