Re: Is there a public-facing page of the various autobuilders ? more specifically hardware specs.

Hi,

I think -project@ might be a better list for this.

On 02/21/2012 03:14 PM, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> The info. I'm looking for  is the physical infrastructure as to the
> kinda specs (hardware specs of the machines) on the network are and if
> they are located at diverse locations (or not).

[DB] has a list of machines in use by Debian, you want to look for hosts
which have listed "buildd" purpose.  For bandwidth usage, you could try
the munin instance maintained by DSA [MUNIN]; access details can be
found on [DSA].

  [DB] <http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi>
  [MUNIN] <http://munin.debian.org/>
  [DSA] <http://dsa.debian.org/>

> I do know that there is a mailing list dedicated for DD,DM's
> wanna-build [04] but am not sure if my query would be entertained
> there (as I'm no DD,DM or even a package uploader, just an interested
> user who uses stuff from Debian).

Just try asking them, most people don't bite (or at least not too hard).
You might also be interested in [ORG] and [TEAMS] which has a bit more
information.

  [ORG] <http://www.debian.org/intro/organization>
  [TEAMS] <http://wiki.debian.org/Teams>

> (Have no idea for instance if autobuilders have direct access to the
> archive [05] and if they don't what kind of bandwidth is needed. I do
> know that in the past vendors like HP and others have donated machines
> for autobuilding and things.

Hmm, I am not sure if there is much documentation about this, but as far
as I know buildds usually have access to the archive (they can use
mirrors as well), including packages not yet pushed to the mirror
network (similar to [INCOMING] but with signed Packages indices for use
with APT).

  [INCOMING] <http://incoming.debian.org>

Regards,
Ansgar