Re: OSI affiliation

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 06:41:04PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Hmmm. I *hope* they manage to achieve some of this, but I'll admit to
> being skeptical. There's been a lot more heat than light in
> discussions I've been seen in and around the OSI in the last few
> years. It would be nice to see them doing useful work.

On the other hand, OSI, like everyone else, needs people who do the
work, and it seems to me that it can't hurt us to have a closer
relationship with them. On the other hand, if we don't do that,
that will help make it harder for them to achieve anything. So
I think it would be good to follow Zack's lead on this.