DEP 5: last call before closing.

Le Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 03:14:28PM -0800, Russ Allbery a écrit :
> Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Are there other blocking issues with this DEP ?  If not, I will mark it
> > accepted after two week-ends.
>
> I have some lingering concern that the spec isn't sufficiently clear and
> precise, and I know Steve was planning on writing up the issues that he
> saw from doing a comprehensive review for that.  It seems like he's
> struggling to find time to do that, but I do think that's an important
> step, so I'm going to try to find time to do a comprehensive review of the
> current text the way that I'd review a Policy proposal or RFC and will
> send the issues that I come up with (if any).
>
> However, I think it's perfectly reasonable for me to do that within the
> time frame that you mention above, and I don't think the process should
> block on that work, so the deadline you propose sounds reasonable to me.

Dear Russ,

while you suggested that I go ahead without your review if it does not come by
two week-ends, please let me know if you would like to extend that time.

Otherwise, I will mark the DEP accepted this week.  Note that as you are a
Policy maintainer, you will have a second chance to review the specification
before it is published on line.

If you and others think that the DEP is not acceptable as it is, please raise
your hand now, and explain the problem.  If other people would like some time
to make a comprehensive review, no problem, but I would like them to propose a
reasonable timeline.

To summarise, the nexts steps are:

 1) Mark DEP 5 accepted.  This ends this development cycle.
 2) Finish its integration in the debian-policy package.  Policy maintainers
    obviously have the final cut and can make adjustments if needed.
 3) Upload debian-policy 3.9.3, which will place the specification at
    http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/
 4) Add a disclaimer to http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/ that it is a historical
    document and point at the latest version on www.debian.org.
 5) Send a message to debian-devel-announce.
 6) Relax :)

By the way, this is also the last call for people who think they should be
mentionned in the Acknowledgements section.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan