Subject: Re: QTS ( was Re: user support - Shapado instance for Debian)
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 03:12:44 -0500
From: Fernando C. Estrada <fcestrada@fcestrada.com>
To: debian-project@lists.debian.org
CC: acme@eviled.org

Hi,

El jue, 07-10-2010 a las 09:32 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe escribió:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 07:49, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@debian.org> wrote:
> >

> > PS: Now that we have shapado running I hope we can soon do something to
> > implement a QTS.
>
> Shapado is a form of QTS, in a sense that if someone asks the some Q,
> you can just provide a link to some answer from the mailing list,
> Also, in my case, I asked some question and the maintainer actually
> have me an answer
> (http://ask.debian.net/questions/default-python-for-debian-7-0).
>
> I know it's a trade-off, but your QTS sounds like overkill; it's yet
> another system. Rather, promote Shapado to package maintainers, and
> maybe they can subsribe to a tag or something. In fact, I like the
> format so much that Shapado should be THE place to ask Debian-related
> questions, just like StackOverflow is THE place to ask programming
> questions.

You're right, it is possible to subscribe to certain tags using
feeds :-)

If a question related to the package foo have a foo tag, and if the
foo's package maintainer subscribe to the foo tag feed, and if he/she
answer questions about the foo package, Shapado will work as a QTS.

  If for example a package maintainer is responsible for foo and bar,
maybe build a feed like:

    http://ask.debian.net/questions/tags/foo+bar

Bad News: Not all the users use tags or use the proper tags.
Good News: Moderators are able to retag questions.
Bad News: If the system keeps growing (as we hope) the current
moderators are not enough.
Good News: Maybe we'll find more volunteers to help us as moderators.

Regards,
--
Fernando C. Estrada