Re: Scientific article on Debian in PNAS

Michael Hanke <mih@debian.org> writes:

> not sure if it has been mentioned somewhere already, but the Proceedings
> of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (aka
> PNAS) has a paper on the evolution of software in Debian.
>
> http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2011/11/14/1115960108.abstract
>
> Unfortunately not open-access, but arxiv.org has the PDF

It's particularly bad given you can opt to make PNAS articles
open-access. Ironic to do work on Debian and then choose not to make
the resulting article open access.

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."